Bill 14 - Let Your Voice Be Heard! October 30 2015
WE NEED YOUR HELP
The Ministry of Health has just released their letter outlining the consultation period for Bill-14: Tobacco and Vapour Products Control Regulation.
THE CURRENT WORDING OF THIS BILL WILL NO LONGER ALLOW US TO SAMPLE OR USE PRODUCTS IN OUR SHOP.
As we know, vape shops are places of employment and with the current wording of Bill 14 we will no longer be able to vape in shops. As every one of you remembers the day you bought your first device, you were shown how to use it correctly and safely, including how to fire it and draw from it. For many, that 10 minutes the shop employees spent with you on your new device was the most important 10 minutes of your vaping life, and if shops can no longer train customers effectively before they walk out the doors, the chances are much higher that it will not work for them.
As business owners we are all doing our part, but the consumers (you) are the real voices, there are thousands of you.
HOW TO HELP
Send an email to:
CC YOUR LOCAL MLA (Find yours using this link and your postal code):
Please use this format:
Date of Written Submission:
- Use of Vapour products in public and workplaces
Please explain, in your words:
- How vaping has helped you quit and stay away from tobacco
- How having a dedicated shop educates you on the usage of your device was essential to your success
- How the new regulations will impact future users and your ability to sample flavours before purchase
- And anything else you feel will help get the message across!